Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Los Angeles, CA. Granny's house post jeopardy.

phew! what a crazy few days. you know what? i was in vegas~ i just wanted to break up the drive to LA and it seemed right. i car-pooled out with some european girlz and we split a room for about $14/a person. we hit the town, but it was just the same old vegas.. i've been here in LA for almost a week now and i've been going non-stop!

on my second day in LA i got into a little fender bender changing lanes to get on the 405. the sad truth is that it was all my fault and everybody knows it. i was looking over my shoulder to change lanes and by the time i turned my head back to face forward, the guy in front of me was in a brake-like-the-world's-ending situation! ug.. i just barley clipped him, but it was enough to do $4,686 worth of damage to my little car. but don't panic, it will be covered by my insurance (minus the $500 in deductible). thanks, granny for helping me take care of some business and letting me borrow her car once or twice. anyway, it's been an insurance headache, but i'm now renting/driving a little pontiac vibe and getting around alright.

i'm diving head first into the asian indie-rock scene and loving it! i'm attending shows and art exhibitions, handing out business cards, and shaking hands. most people i talk to are enthusiastic about my plans to introduce independent japanese music to LA, and many have a few pointers they don't mind sharing. my aunt gail is also helping me chase down a few contacts that could be key. it's too early to tell, but i'm feeling good and i've got at least 13 more working days in LA before my car is even fixed..

i got to see bill from the optionals, stephanie fresh out of film school, and tomorrow i'm picking up tomoe from japan at the airport. good times - i think i'm liking LA.
vegas~

2 comments:

Becky said...

Glad you're liking L.A. How long are you planning to be around? I'm getting back to the states in December - are you still going to be around??

-mike! said...

hard to say.. let's put it this way: the guys fixing my car seem to think so~ haha! maybe i'll see you in december.