Sunday, April 09, 2006

okayama, taku's apartment - my laptop, drinking real coffee!

hiroshima was going off!! there were groups on groups crowded under every blooming tree in the peace park. there were lots of tourists from western and other asian countries. i played for a while and eventually got scooped up into a circle of friends playing music in a variety of bands around hiroshima. we played lots of beatles and weezer covers that everybody knew. they were friendly, but as a down-side i found myself drinking from about 11 in the morning until late that night.

around 5 i rolled to meet up with the hiroshima mod-rock friends. most of them knew i was in town, but had no idea i was just passing through with the sakura on my way across the country! i showed off my map, now with an impressive black line winding up through kyushu and already stretching east~

we ate, we sang - it was a good time. i ran through everyone's names in my head a hundred times, trying to make up for the fact that i had forgotten nearly all of them since i saw them all in december. as the night progressed my checklist eventually turned into a list of girls who i thought might take me home with them. i didn't have a place to stay, and would take any couch, futon, or floor i could get, really - but if i could tilt the scales to the sexy..

i was surprised, actually - with almost no warning whatsoever a girl who i had already discounted from my list of likelihood came over and attached herself to my side. in fact, she was still at my side on the bus to okayama the next morning. she knew some of the mod group kids partying sunday night in okayama, so decided to stick with me. i couldn't complain, really. turns out the party was more than mods - after my constant invites to shows and finally my going away party, all of my groups of friends were so intermingled, that nearly everyone i knew was at this bbq! all the englsh teachers, all the mods, the street artists and musicians - it was incredible~ i surprised them all with a spot over, and what amazing timing! i got to see everyone and fill them in on all my adventures thus far!

today it's raining and i'll spend a day recovering and taking care of some essentials (laundry, email) while i've got the resources and a place to stay. tomorrow it's off to visit friends in kansai~

No comments: