Tuesday, October 26, 2004

room upgrade!

my landlord is kind of a dipshit. well, he's not even my landlord - he's just the english speaking rep. for my landlord. anyway, he's a dip shit. he fucked up and rented my tiny-ass room to some other foreigner and i got bumped downstairs. i'm only there for another 1.7 weeks and i wasn't very moved in, so i didn't care all that much. i think i'll have the same landlord when i get to okayama, so doing the guy a favor couldn't hurt. but then, like i said, he's a dipshit and he really made it feel like i was doing him a favor.. i had to get up early and pack up all my shit he was more than an hour late and i had to leave a note and walk to a payphone (pictured) and call him and blah blah blah. so yeah, dipshit. anyway, when all was said and done, i was moved into a much bigger, much nicer room! check out my fab pad (pictured)!

other than that it's been lots of work and lot's of homework. we've been drilling our new teaching skills for lower level students and we gave real-time presentations on monday. the procedures are standard and the teaching skills are mostly common sense (grading our language, using prompting and gestures, etc.). i did fine, whatever. they were mostly checking to see that we were paying attention and were capable humans. my other coworkers are mostly fun and that helps!

No comments: