Tuesday, October 19, 2004

my last night on earth

I’m finally, finally, finally going to Japan!

These last months have felt like a slow motion bat swing; a steady acceleration and tightening of muscles set into motion by a split second decision and carrying with it massive potential for colossal success or failure. Though I’m not sure which it will be, I take pride in the fact that it will, at least, be colossal! Thank you to everyone who aided and supported me through my interim period. If you ever find yourself on my half of the planet, make sure you stop by!

Things to bring to Japan (well, if you’re me):

Laptop, digital camera, guitar, backpack, tent, sleeping bag, hiking boots, awesome new jacket (thanks mom!), work clothes, play clothes, passport w/ visa, statement of good health, many thousands of yen, language guides, travel guides, food for the plane, coffee, gifts for kind people I haven’t met yet, and a years supply of deodorant..

About the blog: telling it from the mountain

In most social situations, I’ve have the luxury of tailoring (or attenuating) the content and delivery of any given story to the appropriate goals of the listening party. But here, guests will run the gamut from girlfriends to grandmothers. To keep things interesting, I’ve decided to error on the side of awkwardly inappropriate. I’m sure you’ll all agree this decision, if not a good one, is at least true to character. Please, enjoy it! Scroll on!

No comments: